WHO WE ARE:
Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We operate 30+ innovation platforms worldwide and are one of the most active VCs in the world.
STARTUP AUTOBAHN is one of our flagship innovation platforms, located in Stuttgart, Germany. The platform is one of the largest in Europe and is pioneering the future of mobility, production, enterprise and beyond. STARTUP AUTOBAHN unites global young tech companies with the unrivalled tech expertise of Silicon Valley and the best of German engineering.
Founded by Plug and Play, Daimler AG, University of Stuttgart, Arena2036 it grew to more than 25 partners, including ZF, Porsche, Bosch, DPDHL, Webasto, BASF and many more.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in innovation, entrepreneurship, technology and Venture Capital. We’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Senior Business Development Representative for our Plug And Play office in Stuttgart, Germany (also known as “STARTUP AUTOBAHN”). The Senior Business Development Representative develops, maintains and expands the relationships between Plug and Play and our Corporate Partners. This role will also formulate and execute our growth strategy by driving revenue growth and develop new customers. It provides the unique opportunity to collaborate with decision makers at large corporations and engage with Plug and Plays diverse ecosystem.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
New Business Development:
- Identify growth opportunities, forge and develop relationships to enable continued rapid growth of Plug and Play
- Manage and track a growth pipeline with large corporations
- Work in conjunction with the vertical Director and Senior BD Managers to close corporate membership contracts.
- Produce, organize, and maintain internal and external sales and marketing materials like presentation decks, case studies, competitive intelligence and contact lists
Client Retention and Account Management:
- Consult large corporations on their innovation efforts
- Work closely with our venture and program management staff to meet customer needs
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our corporate partners innovation challenges, focus areas and tech interests
- Collaborate with corporate representatives in deal flow sessions, workshops and event formats
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Product Development and Research:
- Conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identifying new competitive opportunities
- Min of 1-2 years prior experience in business development/ sales, e.g. selling B2B products or services into corporations or selling corporate solutions
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Innovation or related field
- Experience in venture capital industry, management consulting, startups, or large corporations is a plus
- Experience with B2B based partnerships
- Active network in innovation, venture capital, strategy and consulting functions.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and sell business agreements and developing business relationships that impact company performance throughout company hierarchies
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills – Pays attention to both details and macro-level outcomes
- Comfortable with Excel, Google Docs, CRM software, skills for editing presentations and other solutions for driving sales.
- Strong internal and external communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements – Start-up experience a plus
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Can-do attitude, strategic thinker, and passion for new products and solutions
- Must possess proficient communication skills (verbal, oral, and written)
- Fluent in German and English
*All applications must be submitted in English