*About STARTUP AUTOBAHN powered by Plug and Play:
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 40 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
One of Plug and Play’s most successful mobility programs is STARTUP AUTOBAHN: An innovation platform for global startups that brings Silicon Valley tech expertise to the birthplace of automotive. We accelerate software and hardware startups – from early stage to growth stage – which develop innovative solutions in the fields of Future Mobility, Sustainability, Production, and Enterprise.
Who we are looking for:
Within the Plug and Play ecosystem the STARTUP AUTOBAHN powered by Plug and Play has a long-standing track record as a lighthouse project which drives the connection between partners and startups in a unique way and fosters the collaboration with its partners though a constantly evolving platform which often serves as a breading ground for services and in-house innovations which later on find its ways to the different Plug and Play offices across the globe.
Furthermore the STARTUP AUTOBAHN powered by Plug and Play has also an outstanding role in the Plug and Play family due to its distinctive brand.
As an addition for the team we are looking for an applicant with a strong skillset in fields like graphic design, UI/UX design, service design, (low-code) programming or web development but definitely with a strong urge to create and ship new processes within the team and to its more than 30 industry-leading partners which have been shaping the industries for multiple decades.
Wile this mix includes diverse skillsets from multiple disciplines we don’t expect you to be an expert in any of them. As a team we grown in various direction over the past years with trainings, mutual support and quite a bit of trial-and error and we encourage you to follow this example throughout your internship by leading with your ideas and initiative.
What we offer:
- Be part of Plug & Play – the biggest and fastest growing startup innovation platform globally with more than 40 locations worldwide such as Silicon Valley, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, Singapore and Beijing.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get insights into groundbreaking technologies.
- Work independently to contribute and implement your own ideas. There is a lot of room for self-development.
- Be part of a dynamic, international and open-minded team and take part in shaping the innovation landscape.
- Work closely with our corporate partners and startups on a daily basis and grow your network.
- Get access to and communicate with leading international startups, investors and corporations.
- Work in a vibrant and unique working environment
Various opportunities for your career development at our global locations – we will keep growing in 2023.
- Hybrid workplace: Office and co-working space at the ARENA2036 innovation-center in Stuttgart three days a week and home office two days a week
Duties and Responsibilities:
While there are core responsibilities that will be necessary no matter what, we designed this position to be adaptive to the skills and passions you already have or which you’d like to develop and foster. The core duties and responsibilities are including but not limited to:
- Guarantee a consistent Corporate Identity among all partners of STARTUP AUTOBAHN and Plug and Play Germany.
- Graphic Design: Creation of concepts and layouts of promotional, informational and sales material ready for print, digital publishing or internal and external use
Supporting the visual content creation for STARTUP AUTOBAHN’s media channels.
- Develop and shape new processes as the STARTUP AUTOBAHN backbone.
- Support the creation and setup of new products to deliver corporate partners and startups with our best possible offering and an excellent stakeholder experience.
- [Optional] Video Production and Motion Graphics: Recording and editing of video footage for our virtual or hybrid events
- Currently enrolled or recently finished studies in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Communications, Business or related fields. You should have a passion for good design — no matter what your degree says.
- Startup/Accelerator/Corporate Entrepreneurship or/and Agency experience is a plus.
- Advanced experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud (a good idea of how Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop works is a must).
- Being familiar with tools like Notion, Figma, Apple Keynote or low-code applications like n8n, tooljet etc. are a plus.
- Web Development/Programming skills are a bonus.
- An eye and interest for contemporary and aesthetic design with close attention to details.
- Autodidactic, structured and independent approach to work. You’ll join a small team and will need to easily switch between roles in order to get things running quickly.
- You should be very much interested in the startups, digitalization, innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem and ideally already had some experience in that field. We breath those topics so it is a plus if we are all on the same page.
- Self-starter: you are able to start projects with minimal to no supervision and you love to challenge the status quo.
- Basic German and excellent English skills are essential.
- Service mentality, creativity, and willingness to go above and beyond ensure that members of our community have the best possible experience.
- Highly motivated work style, strong people skills, and a positive mindset
*All applications must be submitted in English