Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
STARTUP AUTOBAHN is our flagship innovation platform, located in Stuttgart/ Germany. The platform is the largest in Europe and connects startups of all development stages with industry-leading corporate partners (Daimler, BASF, Porsche, Hyundai, BP, T-Systems, ZF, …) to pilot their technology and drive the ultimate goal — a successful production-ready implementation.
How will you make a difference
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. For STARTUP AUTOBAHN we’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Stuttgart. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
Sourcing New Startups
- Research and analyze the market and industry trends to identify the best early-stage companies and founding teams
- Source startups for our mobility and industrial IoT program. Have calls or meetings with relevant companies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Actively network with startup founders at industry events, fairs and conferences
Ventures’ Program Management
- Schedule and facilitate deal flow meetings between startups and corporate partners
- Curate startup lists for corporate partners based on their technology interests
- Maintain close relationships with industry partners
- Perform additional operational work for Plug and Play Ventures as needed
- Support the deal team on investment opportunities
- Conduct research; analyze markets, examine industry trends, track competitive landscape, evaluate financial models, etc.
Technical & Job Level Skills
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in STEM disciplines; MBA/advanced degree is a plus.
- Fluency in both German and English
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices and communicate with C-Suite executives
- Experience in a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to master the products they're supporting/offering
What we offer
- Be part of Plug & Play - the biggest and fastest-growing startup innovation platform globally with locations worldwide such as Silicon Valley, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Tokyo, Singapore and Beijing.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get access to groundbreaking technologies and part of a dynamic, international and open-minded team
- Get access to and communicate with leading international startups, investors and corporations
- Work in a vibrant and unique working environment
- Office and co-working space at the brand new ARENA2036 building in Stuttgart
- Contribute and realize your own ideas and have room for self-development