Plug and Play Tech Center is the largest global technology startup Innovation Platform and Silicon Valley’s most active investor with ~250 investments per year. With 15 industry-specific programs run annually over 35 locations, in 2019 we accelerated 1,450 startups and helped 500+ corporate leaders, such as ING, Daimler, Galeries Lafayette and Deutsche Bank meet their strategic goals and objectives. In Italy, we launched in mid-2019 a Food vertical with Esselunga, Lavazza, Tetra Pak and then expanded to Fintech, with Nexi and UniCredit and Sustainability, with A2A and Buzzi Unicem. In 2021, from our offices in Modena, we launched a new Mobility program, with STMicroelectronics and Marelli, and an acceleration program known as Motor Valley Accelerator aimed at supporting pre-seed and seed stage companies.
How will you make a difference?
As a Ventures Intern, you will source startups based on the requirements of our corporate partners through industry-specific research. This means helping the team connect industry executives with some of the greatest technological disruptors in the world.
- Research and analyze the most recent trends in food and beverage to identify the best early-stage companies and founding teams
- Identify and reach out to promising startups within the Food vertical and beyond
- Assist the senior team in evaluating startups from various sources
Managing the dealflow process
- Coordinate the Plug and Play open-innovation-based dealflow and startup evaluation process together with our corporate partners
- Identify great startup offerings meeting corporate and business needs
- Support the organisation of internal and external events (e.g. dealflow sessions, pitching events)
Supporting the wider Plug and Play Italy team
- Help the team to organize the main events, both in the run-up preparation and during the day
- Assist the senior team in their various activities
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree and degrees in STEM subjects are a plus; specifically, degrees in Food Technology, Gastronomic Sciences, Biology, Biotechnology, and related fields are preferred;
- Previous internship/work experience at a high growth startup or other relevant work experience is preferred though not necessary;
- Passion for the Food & Beverage industry, technology, innovation, startups and the venture capital industry are strongly preferred.
- Work or study experience abroad
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Intellectually curious and able to discuss complicated topics with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interest in technology, innovation and startup world as well as a passion to help the Italian ecosystem grow
- Fluency in English and Italian (oral and written)
- Available as of September 1st 2021
*All applications must be submitted in English